Haulmont Technology Limited (“we”/”us”/”our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to this website and processing all personal data and confidential information received in accordance with requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”).
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Haulmont Technology Limited of 35-37 William Road, London, England, NW1 3ER.
For the purposes of the Act this policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect or receive from you will be processed by us as the relevant data controller under the Act. Please read the following carefully to understand how we view and will use your personal data.
By visiting www.sherlocktaxi.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided to us when you use the contact form, subscribe to our news alerts service or any other service we may provide, apply for a job at Haulmont Technology Limited and when you report a problem with our website.
- Information received from surveys that we (or a research agency acting on our behalf) may ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site and resources accessed. We may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence (including by email or phone) received from you.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Storage of your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where we have allowed you to choose) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when you transmit it to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Use of your information
We use information collected and held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, where you choose to do so;
- To notify you about any changes to any service we provide to you.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Security and data retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will not retain your information for longer than is necessary for our purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on 25 July 2016